Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Input box with Variable clearing all selections

Hello Qlik Geeks,

I have a requirement to create an input box and exclude  the values from selections in a field when user inputs values from a that field. I am using variable for this and also triggers(Variable Event Triggers) with Actions (1. Select in Field and 2. Select Excluded). Everything is working fine but I am having an issue when deleting the inputs manually and hitting the ENTER key. This action is clearing all selections for remaining fields which does not have Always one selected  option checked. Can you help me?

Thanks,

CVR

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, after 'Select in Field' you can try adding a 'lock all' and 'unlock field' (for the field selecting the excluded values), then the select excluded action and for last an 'unlock all' action

View solution in original post

rubenmarin

Hi, values in putbox are store in variables, you can assing a value to a variable using the action external-> set variable. You have to do an action for each variable.

To empty the value just left empty the 'Value' text box:

rubenmarin_0-1596276673285.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, after 'Select in Field' you can try adding a 'lock all' and 'unlock field' (for the field selecting the excluded values), then the select excluded action and for last an 'unlock all' action

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for the quick response. It is working now and I am going to  accept this as a solution. I have one more question regarding the same i,e How can we clear the input values from input boxes with  the button ? I am using Button with Action as Clear Field which clears the field but the input values inside the Input Box remains same and I have to delete it manually.

Thanks,

CVR

rubenmarin

Hi, values in putbox are store in variables, you can assing a value to a variable using the action external-> set variable. You have to do an action for each variable.

To empty the value just left empty the 'Value' text box:

rubenmarin_0-1596276673285.png