Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input field range restrictions to user

Hi All,

I have one input filed and it has the integer values in that. Values is range of 800 to 2700. That Inputfield I can enter any number now. Here I need to restrict to the user to enter only the value with in the range of 800-2700. How can I restrict ? Can you please help us?

Thank you

Srikanth Kota

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not possible to restrict the values in an inputfield. Anything that is valid for the data type of the field can be entered.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manideep,

That is input field not input box, where I am taking that in Listbox. User is going to enter the range of values as I said.

Thank you

Srikanth Kota

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is there anything preventing you from building those values in the script (from 800 to 2700) and then just displaying them in the list box?  User could scroll for the number they want or search for it

-art

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try using below expression in you list 

if(Values>=800 and Values<=2700,Values)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swetha,

I already given a try with that expression. If we use that we are going to loose the Input field functionality.

Thank you

Srikanth Kota

Not applicable
Author

Hi Atatum,

Initial load we are taking the range of values from excel. Later if we want that user can enter any number like input with in the range. by the we are not able to restrict other than range.

Thank you

Srikanth Kota

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try this

rangeonly(if(fieldname>=800 and fieldname<=2700,fielname))as newfieldname