Did you mean: 
wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II

Inputbox/variable for dynamic selection of a table

Hello,

I need some help.

I want to do following:

I want to do a Inputbox, where I want write a value (example: -9,5) and then the chart (tablediagram )should show only the values which are greather then the inputvalue.

The chart have different functions and I have to use this inputvalue only in one function.

The value should set as Default.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?

Kind regards

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @wuensche, you can do it using an if, it depends it you can use it on the expression (on each expression) or in dimension.

In expression: If(Expression>$(variableName), Expression)

In dimension: Aggr(If(Expression>$(variableName), DimensionFieldName), DimensionFieldName)

wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin , thansk for your  help.

Basically it works for the function. But how can i realize it now, that the sum expression also make a sum of all column-values  and group them as a total for one dimension. I have to use a tablebox because I have to sort the column values ascending, which doesn't work in a pivotable

I hope you understand it.

Example

Market A - 5

Market A -6

TOTAL  11

Market B -4

market B -6

TOTAL 10

rubenmarin

Hi, I don't really understand your needs. You want to add a row for the totals?

You can add totals for a straight table in the dimension limits tab. Also note that a pivot table can be sorted ascending, maybe you need to use the option to sort using an expression.

For the expression to work on total you have to make a change, to validate condition for each row, the expression can be:

Sum(Aggr(If(Expression>$(variableName), Expression), DimensionField))

wuensche
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I know it is difficult to explain. I want to show you in a more complex example:

exampleexample

It should be sorted Expr4 and the Sum value (Total)) should be calculate for all values of DIm A

I know, i have to the expressions with sum(aggr, if...).  It works also. But is it possible to get the Sum of the Expressions aggregate to Dim A?

kind regards