Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Internet explorer 32 bit - out of virtual and/or logial memory

Dear all

we are running out of virtual and/or logial memory on the client side (Access Point).

Enviroment:

Server: 64 bit 16 gb RAM

Clients: 32 bit 2,6 gb RAM

QVPlugin.

After changing one performance consuming report to even more performance hungry report our client pcs are running out of memory.

What is really interesting is that also the server ran out of memory (when using the access point)  although the ressource monitor showed differently.

We than changes the IE version to 64bit  the report did not result in an error.

Well unfortunately the installation of 64 bit on client side is not possible (Win XP).

Is there any possibility we can resolve the problem.

Im also really interested why it happens.

I mean its true the report consumes more than 5 gb and 32bit IE versions cant handle it. BUT

why is QV letting the clients do the work - I mean therefore we have a server and clients connecting via Acces Point.

Or does it sth to do with QVPlugin???

Thank you in advance

Chesterluck

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Afaik the plugin is basically the same code as Qlikview Desktop, but just running in the browser as an activex component. It will need much more ram to work than the ajax client does. If at all possible I suggest you let your users access the documents using the ajax client. You may need to add more ram to your server too if you have more files of that size and more than a handful of users. See this document and this discussion.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
tombombadil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

either change to the Ajax client or consider a special Terminal Server, where clients could remotely login, which would be a 64bit environment.

Of course, there will be additional costs with the Terminal Server solution, like Windows license, hardware, etc.

I don't see a different solution, if your clients are stuck at x86 and you cannot reduce the memory amount for the given reports.

Best regards,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thx both of you for valuable input. I did what you advised me and changed the setup so this report could be opened only with ajax client.

Now the page is reconnecting to the server and after the reload its unselected (appx. after 120 sec). I changed the possible calc time on mngm console to 240 sec. but it didnt help.

Any ideas??

In the mean time I will try other browsers just to be sure its not an ie setting.

Thx in advanceReconnectingQV.jpg

tombombadil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

check all logs of the server.

We had this problem once were the Qlikview service required too much RAM.

After we upgraded the server hardware, we had no more problems.

BR,

Tom