Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ipad - No authorised documents found on Qlikview 9

Hi,

I am trying to connect to our server from an Ipad, but i keep getting this Alert:

No authorised documents found ipad

When I untick "Always anonymous" under Ajax and then try it I get a connection Error "Empty Response", and I have tried using the IP address, nothing seems to work.

I can Navigate via the url to the Qlikview model but cannot do it with the app.

Any Help is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Abdur Razak

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Abdur,

What version of iOS are your iPads running? iOS 5 is only supported in versions 10 SR4 and 11. That might be the case when using Safari browser and iPads to connect to a QlikView Server.

Do you really need to use the iOS app instead of the Ajax client? It's no longer continued.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

We running iOS 5.

What version of iOS does Qlikview 9 run?

"Do you really need to use the iOS app instead of the Ajax client?"

Can Qlikview 9  use the Ajax client?

I really need to get my qlikview model on the ipad for a client, where the objects are neatly visible and it has to  be compatible with qlikview 9,  any ideas.

Kind Regards

Abdur Razak

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The security model was changed from 9 to 10, so there is quite some differences between before and after 10.

Therefore the newest versions of the iOS client won't work with 9.

But back in the days, I used to set the server to use DMS auth instead of NTFS. Remember to update all auth for your documents afterwards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If Ajax is a must and iPad is a requirement for deploying this application, then I'm afraid QlikView 9 is not the best option. The app lacks of lots of new functionalities that version 10 and specially 11 have, and the Ajax client in version 9 also lacks of some visualization enhancements, but yes, QlikView 9 has an Ajax client that can be used from a tablet if you don't use NTFS authorization (read, you have an Enterprise Edition license for the Server).

I'd first try the Ajax client (in the QEMC you need to mark the documents to be visible in Mobile and move them to the Mobile folder as specified in the QEMC, System, QlikView Server). Depending on the results, I'd strongly recommend to upgrade to version 10 SR4 (or even 11 SR1 if it has been released) rather than changing the security authorization method and the user management.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel