Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III

Is QlikView connection is compatible with Hadoop Big Data(Amazon RedShift)

Hi QlikViewers,

Hope you all are doing well I don't know whether i am asking the right(silly) question.Because I have try each and every attempt to make the successful connection between our best QlikView tool and Amazon red Shift Big Data.Connection is done successfully data is also getting fetched/pull from database.Even I have checked the logs also all is working well except connection is not getting terminated neither through Exit Script() command nor through Disconnect() command QVD is also getting created..

Now I have one doubt is our qlikview is compatible to make the connection and termination of connection with Hadoop Big Data(Amazon RedShift).I am using QlikView Developer version.I have already had many discussion with our qlikview experts and community members.So I need one last not least conclusion of all QlikViewers.So I can communicate the same to my client for any alternate solution.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

KK

swuehlrbecherjaganNeetu_SinghMRKachhiaIMPAvinashelitesunindiahicJohnWvikasmahajan

Resource LibraryNew to QlikViewQlikView SupportBlogsQlikViewCommunity InformationApp Development

KK
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

The main problem with your statement is FIRST!

It will load ALL data from Redshift and then filter it to the very first 10 rows on the client (Qlikview Desktop) site!

To limit / filter the data set you need to specify a WHERE CLAUSE instead..

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

17 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Karim,

1.how many tables do you have in your model?

2.Your facing this issue both in server and desktop? if its in server only !! they issue might be in the server end try to restart the sever

3.Which connector your using

Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash,

1.Currently only one table i am using in my data model.

2.I am facing issue in Desktop version.

3.I am using JDBC connector 64 bit 30 days trial version.

Regards,

Karim Khan

KK
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why do you think the connection is not being terminated? Can you see active connections to Amazon after you have run the load script or terminated QV Desktop? You can use the netstat Windows command to check those.

In general, network connections are closed as soon as the process that created them terminates.

Best,

Peter

Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Because if i am trying to close it by clicking on Close button or cancel it getting in hung mode.I have to close the QV.exe forcefully  through Task Manger.

Even in Log Files its not showing execution terminated as general in different Dashboards.

Regards,

KK

KK
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So it's not necessarily a problem of the connectiion not getting terminated, your QV Desktop simply hangs somewhere at the end or remains busy doing something...

What happens if you replace the DISCONNECT; statement with:

DROP Table KK_PRODUCT;

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Also remove the DIRECTORY: leftover immediately after the SET statements. It's a table label allright but currently in the wrong place...

Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes I have tried that also.But all in vain

KK
Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Above code is also not working

KK
rbecher
MVP
MVP

The main problem with your statement is FIRST!

It will load ALL data from Redshift and then filter it to the very first 10 rows on the client (Qlikview Desktop) site!

To limit / filter the data set you need to specify a WHERE CLAUSE instead..

Astrato.io Head of R&D