Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alibd225
Creator
Creator

Is it (Qlikview PDF Report Distribution licences) necessary to distribute PDF Report

Dear All,

We have purchased QlikView Enterprise Edition Serve & QlikView Publisher.

Already i have configured email service in QlikView Publisher and successfully sen a test mail.

but i can't send PDF report via schedule.

for your information we have no Qlikview PDF Report Distribution licences.

Is it (Qlikview PDF Report Distribution licences) necessary to distribute PDF Report.

8 Replies
vikasmahajan

You need to purchase N-Printing to send PDF reports , purchasing only publisher you can't send pdf mail.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
alibd225
Creator
Creator
Author

We need to purchase Qlikview PDF Report Distribution Server

or  QlikView NPrinting Server ?

Not applicable

Hi Yakub,

for publisher, there is a PDF generation element to the licence this is either a YES/NO, so if you wanted PDF distribution via publisher you would need to get your license adjusted to YES (at a cost).

Publisher PDF distribution has to use reports created within your QVW applications, the report builder here is quite basic, and I think a bit clunky to use.

The other options I can think of is Nprinting / CIA, which can also do PDF distribution but the report builder is outside your QVW applications and offers more flexibility that the basic QV report builder.

It depends on cost for you really and the complexity of the PDF's you are looking to do. Speak to your vendor, you might be able to upgrade your publisher (as you already have it) at reasonable cost but would then only have limited report building capability.

Or spend more and get one of the other options which offers more capability.

hope that helps

Joe

vikasmahajan

Purchase  Qlikview N-Printing Server will act like publisher + report generator + distributor and it is nice tool.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Does N-Printing server provide the full capability of publisher? Including distribution to mounts and updating meta files, adding security etc?  I didn't think this was the case?

Joe

alibd225
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Joe.

Can you share how much cost needed to adjusted to YES (at a cost).

Thanks

Yakub

Not applicable

No problem, glad to help. I have no idea on the cost I'm afraid, you would need to speak to your vendor on that one

alibd225
Creator
Creator
Author

We have Qlikview publisher, I want to PDF distribution via publisher. In this connection

i need to adjusted publisher licence to YES (at a cost)

Can anybody share how much cost needed to adjusted to YES (at a cost).