Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it easy to update Qlikview Server

Hi Guys i am new to Qlikview Administration so needed some help.

I needed to update the Server to the newest release and was wondering how easy was this and if any problems can occur?

I wanted to update out of Hours to not disrupt the Business from running but i was worried if something went wrong or if it is tricky to do.

If this is hard i would rather not do it because the business relies on Qlikview to run.

Can someone help please

Thanks All

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Adil,

If you are just updating the SR version within the same major server version then it should be simple to perform the upgrade during out of hours, by simply installing the SR pack.

If this is an upgrade of a major version such as 9 --> 11 then more care and planning is required.

In both instances, backups are recommended.

I hope this helps. Please mark as helpful if so.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It all depends on what version you are updating from. What version are you currently running?

mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Adil,

If you are just updating the SR version within the same major server version then it should be simple to perform the upgrade during out of hours, by simply installing the SR pack.

If this is an upgrade of a major version such as 9 --> 11 then more care and planning is required.

In both instances, backups are recommended.

I hope this helps. Please mark as helpful if so.

jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Adil,

From my personal experience it is very hard, i was trying to upgrade QV 11.0 to QV11.20 SR2 thrice., it was not done then i prefer to uninstall the old version and install the upgraded version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All

Thanks for the replies, and so quick!

I am on Version 11 SR 1

So guessing from Marks Answer its as simple as updating files (By installing)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, just going from 11 to 11.2 should not cause any problems just install, but as Mark mentioned do a backup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think latest version is 11.5?

Yep backup is always good idea

Found Version

Product Version

Does this mean i am on Version 11 only?

Doesn'@t look like its been updated a while.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Latest version is 11.2 SR 5

You can se what version you are running by looking under the system tab and selecting the About tab in the QMC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep Seems like i have Version 2 SR 1

Product Version

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are running  Version 11 but the upgrade to 11.2 should not cause any additional problems.