Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Is it not possible to buy desktop Qlikview license now?

Hi,

I read at many places that if you want to open QVW created by others, you need to buy QlikView desktop license. But I just spoke to sales guy and he said there is no such option, either you use restricted personal edition or buy server license with minimum 5 named CAL if you want named CAL license.

Please help me on this as my current objective is to learn and able to view qvw docs created by other users. thanks in advance!

Regards,

Digvijay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Digvijay,

Earlier this type of licenses we sold, now they are giving licenses only for Partners.  Earlier in my company I use to have this type of license, I think now it is not available or they are not selling. 

Without the license also you can do everything but the only limitation is you can't open the file created by others.

Check this link

Re: Developer License Cost

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Digvijay,

For self learning purpose, there is no need of license. You can use personal edition.

There are only two limitations while using QlikView with the Personal Edition license:

• QlikView Personal Edition works with local files only; you cannot share your QlikView file with another unregistered user, or load a QlikView file from another user.
  • You cannot import an entire document layout (sheets/objects/security settings, etc. without the data) into QlikView Personal Edition.
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Refer more here Personal Edition FAQs

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

HI singh,

yes exactly..you want to open others qvw must and shud need a licensed or enterprise edition.

dere is no option to buy i think.u need get approval frm managers.

Thanks

Suresh

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

For self learning purpose, personal edition is enough. Most of the learning document materials are personal edition enabled only. You may able to open the documents.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks Suresh, I am aware of the limitations of PE, actually I want to know whether I can buy desktop license or not. Frankly speaking I want to get rid of limitations of opening others doc being shared in community responses. The sales guy said I need to buy server license as no option to by desktop license now. I don't think its true that Qlikview don't sell desktop licenses of Qlikview, so wanted to clarify.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should ask for a "QlikView Local Client"-license. Doesn't need a server, and this local license is still listed in the July 2015 price list. Although your actual situation may warrant a server installation, I don't know that.

Good luck,

Peter

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes

u need to buy server license singh.

u can practice wit the personal edition is good to get more knowledge on qlikview. u can go through wit the docs.of each and everry concet .

tanq

Suresh

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks Peter for confirming my understanding, I just needed licensed desktop version without limitations so that I can freely use QVWs which I receive from others. I was using the licensed one lately but just came out of the current organization and was feeling very uncomfortable with limited version PE I downloaded last week.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Hi Suresh,

So you also feel that desktop license is not available? Can you verify it from somewhere as Peter also confirmed my understanding.