Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible in QlikView?

Hi All,

I have 10 company codes, all have same data model/schema/structure/requirement, from 10 different databases. I have Publisher license as well.

Some of the reasons, I shouldn't combine data any of 2 clients data. I have below questions, can anyone tell me.

1. Is it possible to have one QVW for all the companies?
  2. And data can be shown individually by company code/username without mixing data in the QVW?

Can I use different instances? Can I use section access to show data?

Please note that we can’t mix/read data at same time of other company data (simultaneous) and I will have one QVW only.

Thanks.

8 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post sample tables

thanks

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

It is not single table, but all companies have same table names/field names.

Without combining data of 10 companies, can I use one QVW for all?

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Qualify your tables. Include an identifier field and then you can reference the relevant table through variables, or you can use a data island or a link table. So - it is possible but how you implement is up to you.

I would pose the wider question though, if you can't mix up the client data why are trying to store them all in one qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kourosh,

To answer your question - Because I have Document CAL’s license, hence I want to use one QVW for all of my company codes, BUT AT ANY STAGE DATA CAN’T BE MIXED.

I hope it is not possible, because when multiple users login to AccessPoint and they trying to access same QVW how it will provide data without mixing all companies data?

Thanks.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

You should look into section access. Search this forum, there are plenty of examples given. Keep all the data in one table and include an identifier, this identifier is then used to only show the data each user has access to while hiding everything else.

In this approach you are not 'mixing' data, simply storing it centrally - which is exactly the same thing you would be doing by saving it in one QVW anyway.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kourosh,

Just one clarification needed, my point of "mixing data" means "storing all companies data in one QVW" which I dont want. At any stage I shouldn't have all companies data in one place, and can I use One QVW for this scenario?

Thanks for your reply.

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

Then no, you can't achieve it this way. You could store the data separately in QVDs but to show them in one QVW you need to store them together.

The only way I can see that is left to you would be using QlikView's Direct Discovery syntax.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kourosh,

Thanks for reply.

I was looking into the Direct Discvery document, if I use this syntax "aggregated query result is passed back to QlikView user interface".

I have some doubts on this:

1. This means this will not combine/mix-up all companies data, instead it will bring data separately from Database? Is my understanding is correct?

2. Everytime when user accessing document, is it will go and get data from database? is it going to take time if I have large data set?

Thanks.