Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is it possible to allow data entry by users?

I have a dashboard which includes a list of items that need attention. End users will filter to identify the cases that need attention, then they assign a case worker to investigate further. Is it possible to use some kind of inputfield in the data model so I can allow the users to add in the name of the caseworker or check off a box that indicates this row has been assigned to someone?

13 Replies
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Now I have found this:

https://qlikviewtips.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/enterprise-performance-management-how-to-with-qlikview...

which describes how to use an inputfield to allow user input, then a button and a macro to push the user-entered data to an xml file on the server, then reload the data model so the change is visible to all users.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, basically the same technique I already posted a link to above.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use Apparo Fast Edit.

It allows to store the desired values in a freely definable database table which can be part of the data model.

The data can be written directly using an extension or by calling a browser window which allows to enter data.

For a demonstration send an email to info@apparo.solutions

Regards Rainer

bjjackson2760
Contributor
Contributor

awesome, I love this. Thank you!