Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible to customize the toolbar Current Selections ?

Hello,

is it possible to customize the color and layout of the Current Selections that is available in the toolbar of the Server version of Qlikview ?

If not, is there a trick with css or extension to force the style of it ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess it is possible to do what you want. But since the Current Selections windows is a window and not an object like the current selections object, it will not obey any documented settings or tweaking.

To give you an appropriate idea about the task at hand, open C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc\QvAjax.js. Somewhere in there, you should find the code that manages the layout of the Current Selections window. There aren't too many lines in that file, so it should be easy to find. Only whitespace and CR/LFs are missing...

The file default.css in the same directory takes care of style elements. It has the same problem: obfuscation. However thisone is a lot smaller than the JavaScript file, and there are many web sites that will beautify the css-code for you.

Good luck,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess it is possible to do what you want. But since the Current Selections windows is a window and not an object like the current selections object, it will not obey any documented settings or tweaking.

To give you an appropriate idea about the task at hand, open C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc\QvAjax.js. Somewhere in there, you should find the code that manages the layout of the Current Selections window. There aren't too many lines in that file, so it should be easy to find. Only whitespace and CR/LFs are missing...

The file default.css in the same directory takes care of style elements. It has the same problem: obfuscation. However thisone is a lot smaller than the JavaScript file, and there are many web sites that will beautify the css-code for you.

Good luck,

Peter

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I'll check that. I have already modified something in one of these files but i wanted to know if there was a better way to do that