Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to highlight a selection on a graph?

So I have a line chart which starts at the Year level, (has 3 points currently; 2010, 2011, and 2012) and then drills to the months for the selected year, however I made it so that it will NOT go further than this.

However, I would love if there is a way to highlight the selected month on the graph, without it drilling further.

To clarify: The graph will be showing all 12 months; if I select one of those months, that specific graph does not drill down further, but the other graphs on the same sheet do. I would like to be able to make it so the month(s) selected are like highlighted or something on the line chart, but without the chart drilling down more.

I am having a hard time explaining this, sorry.

Here is my current expression; my chart uses 3 of these for 3 different lines. It ignores any "month" selection, and also only includes a specific brand:

sum({$<month=, BRAND_NAME={Brand1}>}Sales)

9 Replies
vivientexier
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Keep your expression like this.

Add a new expression with the same expression as the first column but show "dots" instead of "lines".

For this expression, add this to the expression background color :

If(Count(month)<>0

, LightRed()

, LightBlue()

)

Not applicable
Author

Hmm, will this work if my existing expressions already show lines AND symbols?

I will give it a shot.

Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

Just gave it a shot; the circles do show up but they are always there, and are not the colors which are stated in that script... where is the expression background color option?

I added the script you wrote into the "conditional" area of the expression.

vivientexier
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Clik on the "+" sign just before your expression.

Not applicable
Author

It's getting closer!

The issue I have now is the circles are ALL red when there are NO month selections at all. As soon as one drills down and selects a month, then that month STAYS red on the chart and the rest turn blue.

I would need it to be so that they are ALL blue when there are no selections, and selecting a month would turn that single one red.

Is there anything that tells the chart what the currenct selection is?

so that something like if(month=(SELECTED), LightRed,LightBlue)

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

WOW! This is EXACTLY what I needed!! Bookmarked for future use, thanks!!

vivientexier
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

My color are just example to help you see clearly.

If you have no selection, all your dots are red. If you select one month, only this month will be red. If you change your color to another color than red, your user won't undersant why the color is changing. Color changing => meaning is changing also...

Change the red color by your principal color in your application and the blue color into a grey (that shows "unselected").

Do you see what I mean ?

vivientexier
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

does these answers your question ?