Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to lock the table box content ? Read only table box ?

I have 7 table charts on a sheet. Each has around 5-6 columns and couple of hundred thousand rows. I want users to not be able to select from any of those charts. They should be able to scroll down the table but shouldn't be able to select any row or a cell from those tables. Something like a Read only table box. As I see a read only property on a list box I don't see a similar property on a table box.

Is that possible with Table charts ? How ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You don't need an expression to use a straight table. But if you don't have any expressions, you DO need to uncheck "suppress zero-values" on the presentation tab. Do that, and your dimensions should pop right up. It would be nice if that was the default behavior for a straight table with no expressions, but for some reason it isn't.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Charts have a read only option (on the general tab of properties), couldn't find one for Tablebox. It is however possible to put a transparent text object on top of the whole sheet to make it completely non interactive.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

How about just changing the table boxes to straight tables? You can make it look exactly the same if you want, but a straight table gives you a lot more control. In this case, it lets you set it to read only.

Not applicable
Author

Would it surprise you if I say I tried that already and did not work out. I think I can't use the chart as I am not reporting any expressions or metrics. Data is purely dimensional without any calculation. So, when I use the straight tables chart it doesn't display any data as there are no expressions. May be I am wrong.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You don't need an expression to use a straight table. But if you don't have any expressions, you DO need to uncheck "suppress zero-values" on the presentation tab. Do that, and your dimensions should pop right up. It would be nice if that was the default behavior for a straight table with no expressions, but for some reason it isn't.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John. You were right. Supress Zero values on presentation tab of the chart worked. I converted all my purely dimensional table boxes to table charts.