Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible to update ServiceNow tables using qlikview

Hello All,

We have requirement to load the qlikview chart  data into ServiceNow table. We are using composite database as the source. User wants some button actions on click of that report data available in qlikview has to be loaded into servicenow.

We have discrepancy report in our dashboard, for which user will go and manually creates the ServiceNow ticket, now user requirement is they want some button which automatically creates serviceNow tickets by loading the data from qlikview to serviceNow.

Any suggestion on this would be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

Pooja

6 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

This can be done by using excel export macro. we can put a button action to execute that macro, there by that excel data will be pushed into DB or whatever system.

For automating this, we need to use software like win automation or other available in market. If its OK we have to do it manually.

I don't think it will work via access point, better try it on QV Desktop in server.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
gayathri_nagara
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Pooja,
Create a macro for send to excel and store it into particular location.
Then create .ok file. It is nothing but alarm file.
Create one batch for checking whether .ok file is present or not.
Run that batch from QMC task scheduler.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Any link that will illustrate this ok file and working. Pl let me know.
HirisH
pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your replay. Could you please help me with the sample script create the macros from qlikview.

Thanks,

Pooja

pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your replay. Could you please help me with the sample script create the macros  and ok. file from qlikview.

Thanks,

Pooja

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Check out this link For macros:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Useful-Qlikview-Macros/ta-p/1494530?advanced=false&...
HirisH