Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Is the Calendar Control broken in QlikView version 9 SR6?

I recently upgraded my QlikView client to version 9 SR6 and the calendar control no longer works.

I uninstalled SR6 and installed SR5 and the calendar control wroks as expected.

Is this a known problem with version 9 SR6?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

QlikView support's reply:

This is a known defect and has been approved by R&D, slated for release in SR7 due out in Feb.

A work around is to add a Max value.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Could you please elaborate on the issues you are experiencing with that object? We've upgraded several systems here and we haven't been reported any problems, so far.

Regards.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

I create a variable to hold a date 12/23/2010 for instance.

I create a Calendar Control and attach it to the date variable.

When I click the calendar control to change the date, the year jumps to 2019 and the date variable is cleared.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Although I've never created that object that way, my guess is the variable is storing the result of 12/23/2010, and having no minimum or maximum, any value you set is not stored, indeed.

If the variable created in the Variable Overview in the Settings menu, is set to

=Num(Date('23/12/2010'))
(DD/MM/YYYY in my case) and set a minimum and maximum in accordance to that date (YearStart(variable) and YearEnd(variable)) that should work.

Hope that helps

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Miguel,

Thanks for your input.

I have opened a support ticket with QlikView regarding this issue.

They tell me that they can't duplicate the behavior I'm seeing in SR6.

If you create the variable and calendar object the way I have described, does the calendar behave for you?

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Miquel,

Thanks again for your input on this issue.

QlikView support now tells me that they can duplicate the problem and have escalated the issue to their level 2 support people.

I will post a resolution when known.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If I create a new blank document, no templates, go to Settings menu, Variable Overview, Add a new Variable1 with value 23/12/2010, then create a new calendar object (not slider), based on that variable (min and max entries are empty). It shows "23/12/2010". If I click on the calendar to select any other date, I see the actual date selected, but the year field shows up to 2019. Selecting any value (say february 21)leaves the calendar blank.

A new inputbox with that Variable1 shows "4wX" where X is a square.

So yes, something probably is wrong with that.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Good to know.

Something very similar happens with v10 SR1. The symbols in the input box are different.

Regards.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

A quick test suggests that adding Min and Max values corrects the problem.

QlikView support is investigating.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yep, that's what I said above sugesting YearStart() and YearEnd(). By default it always sets 1 to 10, bu if the variable is called Variable1 then it doesn't. Actually, if you just select "Calendar" and the variable once, min and max are left blank. In the same dialog, if you click again in the dropdown of variables (which only shows one) then min and max are set to 1 and 10, and the calendar works (only for ten dates).

Regards.