Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a close button in IE plugin

Hello,

When using the AJAX (full browser) version interface on Access Point, there is automatically a close button in upper right hand corner of an application. We've been told by Qlik to instruct our users to use that button when they're done with an application instead of just closing the browser or clicking the browser Back button to go back to Access Point. They say that will reduce the number of issues we have with shared file corruptions.

Recently, we discovered that use of bookmarks is much, much faster with the IE Plugin interface so we're recommending that to users who are working with extremely large reports that have a lot of bookmarks. One of the users asked me where the close button is. I can't see one anywhere in the IE Plugin interface.

Is there such a thing? If not, what is the purpose of the one in the AJAX version and why isn't it also available in IE Plugin version?

Thanks.

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The close button is not required in the IE Plugin. The plugin maintains an active TCP socket connection with the server. When you close the plugin window, a session close notification is sent to the server.

Ajax does not maintain an active connection with the server and by default is not aware of the browser window closing. The close button is used to send an explicit close notification to the server.

There is a Document Extension you can install that will send a session close when the browser is closed.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

You create a Button with action -> Close Document.

Regards,

Antonio

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Antonio. I should have been more clear on what I'm asking. I do know how to create a button with an action. What I'm talking about is the Close button that is automatically there in EVERY application when you open it in the AJAX interface. It is an out-of-the-box feature and we don't have to do anything to enable it. I've attached a screen print of it.

When you look at the applications using the IE Plugin, there is no such button. I know we can add one, but I was asking if there is something that needs enabled with the IE Plugin to have it automatically appear like in the AJAX interface.

Thanks.2014 0925_09.07.10.AM_0001.jpg

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

I don't know this. With IE plugin I use this method (Button Close Document)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Antonio!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The close button is not required in the IE Plugin. The plugin maintains an active TCP socket connection with the server. When you close the plugin window, a session close notification is sent to the server.

Ajax does not maintain an active connection with the server and by default is not aware of the browser window closing. The close button is used to send an explicit close notification to the server.

There is a Document Extension you can install that will send a session close when the browser is closed.

-Rob