Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue calculating standard deviation

Hi All,

I am having an issue with calculating a standard deviation from a record level table.

I have a table with the following aggregated values 243, 309, 452, ,587, ,580, ,447, ,540, ,560, ,518, ,565, ,584, ,613, ,462, ,455. Performing a standard deviation calucation on this gives me a figure of 108.89

Using the code '=Stdev(aggr(sum({<PODGroup4Description = {'AandE'}>}ActivityActual), MonthYear))' gives me the figure 262.76

Has anyone encountered this before or does anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

I think the problem is that you dont set a Filter on MonthYear.

In your Textbox expression the Stdev is accounted for all the values in Field "MonthYear".

But the values you are showing in chart are restricted in MonthYear . So just set a Filter in Month Year as shown in attached sample or use SetAnalysis for filtering in MonthYear.

hope this helps

Unbenannt.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

If you need to agregate that table, you´re using a AGGR() as an expression

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps This?

=Stdev(aggr(sum({<PODGroup4Description = {'AandE'}>}ActivityActual), MonthYear, ActivityActual))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

I think the problem is that you dont set a Filter on MonthYear.

In your Textbox expression the Stdev is accounted for all the values in Field "MonthYear".

But the values you are showing in chart are restricted in MonthYear . So just set a Filter in Month Year as shown in attached sample or use SetAnalysis for filtering in MonthYear.

hope this helps

Unbenannt.png

jarrad_murray
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

This is fantastic.  I didn't think the non available months would play a part in this.

Thank you very much.