Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mataylesbury
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue opening QV docs since upgrading to 12.20

We recently updated from 12.1 to 12.20(.20300) on our development server.

Since then whenever I double click a QVW file top open it, I get the "This document was created by another Qlikview Personal Edition user...", I click Abort, then I get the "...document failed to open" message, I click ok, then the document opens!

This only happens when I don't already have Qlikview open, if I open Qlikview first and then open a document, I don't get the messages, so there are no issues with my licence being leased from the server.

Any ideas? It's not a show stopper it's just annoying! and I know it's probably going to be something simple...

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Set the correct URL for the license lease in Settings > User Preferences > Locations > Default License Lease Server (URL)  > qvp://server where "server" stands for any of your production QlikView Servers (not QDS or DSC, but QVS)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Set the correct URL for the license lease in Settings > User Preferences > Locations > Default License Lease Server (URL)  > qvp://server where "server" stands for any of your production QlikView Servers (not QDS or DSC, but QVS)

mataylesbury
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked, thanks Miguel. Although I'm sure we didn't have that set in the previous Qlikview version and never experienced the error there. But Thankyou.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The lease to Desktop lasts for 30 days, but if you have network and your user has already a license assigned in QVS, you might not need to check the server everytime.

However, you just upgraded, some cleanup has happened in the background and that could be the reason.