cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue regarding openind qvw

Hi All,

I got this message while opening the qvw document .Please help me to overcome this problem

The Qv document was created by another qv personal edition .since you are using a qv personal edition you may only open the files that you created yourself ,You may recover the file if yopu created it on a diffrent computer but doing so will use one of your 4 remainig recovery attempts .

However if you recover the file you will no longer be able to open files created with current user key .

What happens if i continue to open the document ?

Please suggest solutions to open the document

Thanks

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you open the document you use one of the recovery attempts and your qlikview personal installation will get a new user key. You will no longer be able to open documents your created earlier. Each time you try to open a document you created earlier you will again get the message that the qv document was created by another qv personal editon.

If you only want to study the document then you could install QV PE in a virtual machine and open the document there. You can discard the virtual machine when you're done with studying the document.

If you want to be able to always use qlikview documents created by other users you can buy a license or perhaps you can lease a license from a qlikview server in your company.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Gysbert your information is helpful