Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Issue with Date field during concatenation

Hi all, I am pretty new to Qlikview so please be gentle with me!

I have loaded in to a pre existing template some monthly sales budgets and against them have allocated a myDate field of the 1st of each month.

Once loaded in to a table I am then concatenating them into the main transactions table which also has a myDate field.

My issue is that when I do the concatenation I lose all the dates that are against all the other transactions in the main transaction table. The sales target info loads in fine and has a date against it but all the other transactions then show a "-" in the myDate field.

From what I have read I am guessing it is something to do with the date format but I have tried every which way and can't solve it.

Can someone please explain how qlikview handles dates re formatting and concatenating tables together?

if it helps to know we have a statement at the beginning of the document that is SET DateFormat = 'D/MM/YYYY';

Any advice in this area would be gratefully received because I have spent hours trying to resolve this.

Many thanks

Ben

0 Replies