Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Issue with Pivot Table (Expand)

Hi All,

I am facing a very silly issue I know but not able to fix it.

The requirement is to have always first value of First Dimension should be always expanded rest collapsed as below screenshot:

pivot_expand_issue.jpg

It opens as expected sometimes but sometimes it doesn't.

No clue what make the changes, it picks randomly cells from first dimension and save it, no order.

Any idea how to resolve or try to fix this? Did anyone else faced the same issue as this?

Version Qlikview 12

Thanks,

Gargi

Labels (2)
5 Replies
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Pivot_outcome.jpg

It opens like above, bottom ones randomly pick the cells and opens on prod server.

Thanks,

Gargi

marcus_sommer

I had the same experience with a special pivot and as far as I used calculated dimensions the collapsing/expanding of the dimension-values became instable - and this meant each kind of calculation like simple: date(Dim) or if(Dim <> 'A', Dim). Therefore I created these special dimensions additionally one step before in the datamodel and use now native fields (ok. it's not a real solution else a bypassing of a bug - but it worked for me).

- Marcus

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply.

I dont have any calculated Dimension Smiley Sad

Any way out?

Regards,

Gargi

marcus_sommer

For me the adjustment of the dimensions made my pivot stable but I don't think that this is the real respectively the only cause else I think it's the combination of various table-settings which leads to the error. If the above mentioned matter would be the cause we would see this behaviour more often.

In my pivot there are 14 expressions and each dimension/expression has several attribut-expressions for font- and background-color. Also there are multiple other custom cell-formattings and design- and visualization settings applied as well as a complex sorting. Any of these settings are incompatible to each other and cause this issue.

This means you could try  to remove/disable some of such settings to see if it changed anything. Also possible would be to recreate the object from the scratch - copy & paste of expression-strings would be ok. but no properties should be copied (whereby I did it in my case - not step by step because there was too many settings and each time saving/closing/opening had taken a very long time - and the issue remained which excludes that the object was corrupt in itself).

Hope it helped in any way.

- Marcus

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your time.

I tried to recreate the whole table from scratch,but it still not working as expected, in fact very strange. Each day after reload random cells seems to be expanded n collapsed, just now I am guessing it may be a bug.

Regards,

Gargi