Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with QV 12.20 SR4

Hi All,

we are planning to upgrade qlikview from 11.20 SR13 to 12.20 SR4. When 12.20 SR4 is installed in the UAT environment and opened and reloaded the qvw's created in the 11.20 one of the bar chart behaves differently.

Both the screenshots has got the same selections and same data source. in the attachment when the date is selected , it shows same value as the 11.20 attachment.

Can anyone suggest if this is due to the version.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What's the expression used in the bar chart?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for replying, here is the expression

NUM(AVG(AGGR(SUM(field1)/SUM(field2),field3)),'#0.00')

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What does the data model look like? Where's the Date field?

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The data model looks like star with the a link table(fact)  in the middle.field1,is from link table , field2 & field3 are from dimensional table.

Just wondering if this is due to the qlikview version 12.20 as nothing has changed except the version.

can u please let me know if  the aggregations behave differently in the latest version.

Thank you..

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I suspect it's related to your use of the aggr function. But since you seem unwilling to share much information about your data all I can do is guess. Try creating a small demo app with dummy data that reproduces the problem.

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry i didn't mean to share minimal details.. due to security reasons i couldn't share the screenshot or the application. here the problem which i don't understand is when i select a data then the value matches to the value in the previous version (attachments) . let me create a sample application with the details and attach it.. but not quite sure if i will be able to replicate the issue or not.. i will do my best.

Thanks a lot.

lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

to be more clear with the issue.. i have a cyclic group in the dimension ( Day, week, month, year,carrier name) and the expression is aggregation. with the older version i just works like that but with the latest version when i tried adding date to the aggregation like below

NUM(AVG(AGGR(SUM(field1)/SUM(field2),carrier name,date)),'#0.00') it works. not quite sure why the aggregation behaves differently in latest version.

Thanks