Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckmchinmaya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issues with Triggers ( in WebView

Hi,

May I ask you for suggestion for my problem statement

Problem Statement:

In my application, I have list of fields to be set with default values from LOV. Those fields are also available for user selection.

a) User can't select multiple values from the list box, so 1 value at any point time.

b) If user click - clear all button , all fields will be set to its default values

Solution 1 Considered :I have achieved this with the combination of Document Event Triggers (On Post Reload) for setting of the default values and Field Event triggers (onSelect) to reset the values to default while User press clear all option / select multiple values. This work very perfectly untill I deployed the solution and found its doesn't work in WebView.

Solution 2 Considered : Another solution considered before deploying the above, On the List Box properties to tick "Always one selected value", that solution works perfectly but when I deploy the solution while "reduced data - remove all values" it reset the properties and un-tick that option off. So, that option can't be enforced. And I can't send a 30 MB QVW application file for QA checks & deployment every time.

Can you please help/suggest way forward so that I can achieve the objective in web view?

a) User can't select multiple values from the list box, so 1 value at any point time.

b) If user click - clear all button , all fields will be set to its default values

c) Fields available for user selection

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Some Help links that may provide some further information, not all triggers/actions are supported in Ajax Client...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/UsingMacrosonQV...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm

Please note, it is NOT necessary to run a macro to set values etc., whatever you have set when you save things and store to Source Documents in Publisher will be maintained by Publisher post reload, i.e. it records selections when opening the app for reload and reapplies those selections automatically post reload.  The only way you have an issue there is if the value selected goes away...  

About the best I can offer at the moment, it may help if you can attach a sample app, as it will be easier for folks to grasp things that way, and they may be able to come up with some other ideas on how to accomplish the use case...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.