Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

It's urgent: Unable to link the fact table and dimension table after binary load

Hi,

I have a data model where the columns in fact are linked to dimension table through a common key. when I select on the particular columns in dimension table I am able to see the related data in fact table.

But the problem is , when I have binary loaded the same data model. the related data is not getting selected from facts as per my selection in dimension. It is acting as if there is no link( i.e.  common key between them).

Please let me know how to retain the link between fact and dimension even through the document(.QVW) is binary loaded.

Thanks.

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi naveen,

well, the links should actually be just the same since the BINARY load loads the data_model with all the tables exactly as it is.

Could you post two screenshots as a first step (one from the original app and one from the other where the datamodel is loaded BINARY)? Then we might be able to see what's wrong.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

I'm not authorized to get the screen shots out.

I have not changed the names of the columns and tables. they are loaded as it is through binary load. but I don't know why the related data is not being selection even though the relation(link) exits. please suggest solution.