Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

JavaScript Conversion of UK Eastings / Northings to Lat / Long

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can (again) help me with this one.  I've got the same problem as others where I've got a copy of the OpenData Code-Point information which for some reason (feels deliberately unhelpful) has eastings and northings rather than the univerally acceptable latitude and longitude.

Looking at Chris Veness' very helpful website (http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong-gridref.html) I think he's got virtually everything needed there to provide a simple conversion function ... but as a non-JavaScript person I have hit a dead end as far as trying to get this to work.

One of the other groups pointed at another website that could produce a list of postcodes with lat and long added ... unfortunatelty my work internet access won't allow me to download that (ironic as this is a work app I'm working on!) so I have no idea if this would have been suitable.

Can anyone with considerably more JavaScript knowledge than me help me out and have a look at this one?  I've basically got the postcode list, eastings and northings ... I need latitude and longitude to put on a map.

p.s. if anyone has figured out how to use new new google API v3 and put data points on it ... would love to know that too!!

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Emma

0 Replies