cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II

Keeping Tabs Independent

Hi all - I have my .QVW with several tabs.  On each tab I have different charts.  Also on each tab are the different list boxes that I'm using to select my parameters.  I have copied some of these from one tab to another.

What I've noticed is that if I select something on Tab 1, the other tabs are affected as well.  Did my copying of objects do this?  How do I keep these tab selections independent of each other so only the tab I'm working with changes?

Thanks!

George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You simply create a state an give it a name. That's it. A state needs an identifier otherwise you wouldn't be able to make use of it. Once it's created you can assign it to objects and use it in expressions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create alternate states on the General tab of the document properties window. Then assign the different alternate states to the different sheets on the General tab of the properties windows of the sheets. That way selections on one sheet will not affect the other sheets.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

When I follow your directions I'm noticeing that I can only name the state.  What does this actually do? I've never seen this type of instruction before and am new to Qlik so my understanding is minimal.  Thanks again!!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You simply create a state an give it a name. That's it. A state needs an identifier otherwise you wouldn't be able to make use of it. Once it's created you can assign it to objects and use it in expressions.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So it acts as a variable???  In some senses??

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, the name is an identifier. It's not a variable. It's like the name of a variable. A variable also needs a name otherwise how would you use it in an expression.

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Got it - thank you!!!!!