cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindly clarify me on the below doubts

Hi,

What i am going to ask will sound silly,but help me out in below questions.

I have the QVW file in source folder ,and i have created the Scheduling for that QVW file in QMC on Daily basis ,

My Doubts is

How the Data get refreshed in QVW file based on scheduling ,which i have stored the Data in QVD

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Jaganathan,

a bit lengthy explanation i am giving here,but try to learn this will help to you for any project in QV.

We already know QV will follow folder structure,that means

Image 3.png

•     Include - Scripts, Connection Strings, Themes, etc.
  •     Source Data -  Excel, SAP, SQL Server, etc.
  •     Generator - QVW's that Store the source data and transform the source data into QVD's
  •     QVD - Contains Source and Transformed QVD's
  •     Workbooks - QVW that you are currently working on that pull from the QVD's
  •     Applications - Finished QVW's.

Extract- Qvd  -> Transform-Qvd ->Data modeling -> Binary load->My application 

that means we have 4 types of qvw's for each and every application

Extract .qvw's -->in this stage we will create qvd's with data base connection(retrieve data from external data sources + External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Transform .qvw-->in this stage we will create qvd's with qvd's data.(retrieve data from Extract .qvd's+ External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Data Model --> in this stage we will create .qvw application with Star/Snow flake schema data model as per our data.(retrieve data from Transform .qvd's + External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Application --> Here we will use binary load of data model and here we will create our User Interface.(This application only user/client will see for their analysis i.e filters,charts..etc)

QMC/server

Think like 5 AM we need to schedule our application need to reload means

4:15 AM -->we need schedule Extract.qvw to reload the fresh data.

4:30 AM/dependent on Extravt.qvw refresh success--> we need schedule Transform.qvw to reload the fresh data.

4:45 AM/dependent on Transform.qvw refresh success--> we need schedule Data Model.qvw to reload the fresh data.

now

5:00 AM /dependent on Data Model.qvw refresh success-->Our application need to reload with fresh data from data model .qvw file.

So the process like inheritance / one-by- one reload.

Hope this will helpful to you

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Before storing the data into QVD there will be some script before store command. Where is that script and is that script file (if its a qvw file) scheduled to refresh and store into QVD? Need more info. Usually you should have something like this:

1. 1stQVWFile with a SCRIPT to pull data from data source and store it into QVD.

2. 2ndQVWFile which is like your dashboard pulling the data from this QVD.

Is it how it is?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

As Nagaraju mentioned

1. Extract the data from source, store in qvd

2. your transformation file reads data from extract qvd and store transformed tabled in to transformed qvd

3. source document would then read from transformed qvd

In QMC the load would be sequential.

1st you refresh the extract qvw

2nd you refresh the transform file qvw

3rd you refresh the source qvw

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Jaganathan,

a bit lengthy explanation i am giving here,but try to learn this will help to you for any project in QV.

We already know QV will follow folder structure,that means

Image 3.png

•     Include - Scripts, Connection Strings, Themes, etc.
  •     Source Data -  Excel, SAP, SQL Server, etc.
  •     Generator - QVW's that Store the source data and transform the source data into QVD's
  •     QVD - Contains Source and Transformed QVD's
  •     Workbooks - QVW that you are currently working on that pull from the QVD's
  •     Applications - Finished QVW's.

Extract- Qvd  -> Transform-Qvd ->Data modeling -> Binary load->My application 

that means we have 4 types of qvw's for each and every application

Extract .qvw's -->in this stage we will create qvd's with data base connection(retrieve data from external data sources + External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Transform .qvw-->in this stage we will create qvd's with qvd's data.(retrieve data from Extract .qvd's+ External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Data Model --> in this stage we will create .qvw application with Star/Snow flake schema data model as per our data.(retrieve data from Transform .qvd's + External excel files+Inline loads...etc)

Application --> Here we will use binary load of data model and here we will create our User Interface.(This application only user/client will see for their analysis i.e filters,charts..etc)

QMC/server

Think like 5 AM we need to schedule our application need to reload means

4:15 AM -->we need schedule Extract.qvw to reload the fresh data.

4:30 AM/dependent on Extravt.qvw refresh success--> we need schedule Transform.qvw to reload the fresh data.

4:45 AM/dependent on Transform.qvw refresh success--> we need schedule Data Model.qvw to reload the fresh data.

now

5:00 AM /dependent on Data Model.qvw refresh success-->Our application need to reload with fresh data from data model .qvw file.

So the process like inheritance / one-by- one reload.

Hope this will helpful to you