Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Label for Grouped Expression

Untitled.png

Hello everyone,

I have Chart like above in which I have grouped the Expression. My requirement is whenever Cyclic button clicked a text must appear on chart to show what the chart is showing. For eg when chart show bars for PBT then a text for PBT will appear on the chart. If anyone has any idea please share with me.

Bhawna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can either use 'Show Title in Chart' option with the defaulf '<use first expression label>' value, or create a cycle group containing the list of expressions (each expression as an island field) and then recognize currently selected value by using the GetCurrentField function.

Kind regards,

Janusz

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

just create a text (in a textbox or wherever) and make it dependent, by use of an IF-construction, on the dimension being shown.

In case it's not possible that way, you would have to abandon the cyclic group and just create several dimensions instead and make each one dependent on some variable which in turn you can govern by use of a button - then you can make anything else (e.g. that text) dependent on the same variable.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can either use 'Show Title in Chart' option with the defaulf '<use first expression label>' value, or create a cycle group containing the list of expressions (each expression as an island field) and then recognize currently selected value by using the GetCurrentField function.

Kind regards,

Janusz