Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashokraju
Contributor II
Contributor II

Language translations

Hi..

we have done multiple language translations in our application. I have a scenario that how the end user will see the data in his language only (for ex:Australia user: AUD , India user: INR). could anyone suggest.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you mean that you have a table with translations of all text strings in the UI of your document, and you want each user to be presented with a document in his/her own language, then there are multiple solutions available.

See for example here: Handling Multiple Languages

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Note that currency indicators may not translate to the correct language if a single country contains multiple language groups (e.g. Switzerland for example has four official languages and a single currency CHF)

ashokraju
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Peter,,thanks for your reply..

But my question is  I have multiple countries users. If Turky user opens the application, it default visible in his language(Turkish) and American user opens the application default visible in his language(English). I have done the language translations already.. Could u help me for this.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Create a Section Access table that contains all users that should be granted access to your document. Add a field that contains a value that links to the language selection in Section Application.

Finally in Settings->Document Properties->Opening, enable Initial Selection Based on Section Access.

Do not enable Data Reduction or you will throw out all your data and all other languages.