Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Last 3 month usage

I am trying to to calculate the last 3 months quantity. I have set this up as set analysis as I don't want dates selected from the list box affecting the results.

The expression as it stands is showing the last 2 months and the current month to date. I.e. today it is showing usage from 1st November to 28th January.

Sum ({$<YearMonth={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-2),'YYYY-MMM'))"} >} Quantity/3) 

As I am trying to calculate average monthly usage (based on the last 3 months) I would need the expression to calculate for exactly 3 months. This could be the last 3 complete months (i.e. Oct, Nov & Dec) or 3 months from today’s date.

I appreciate any help that you could provide.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi James

so you have it

Sum ({$<YearMonth={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(YearMonth),-3),'YYYY-MMM'))  <=$(=Date((Max(YearMonth),'YYYY-MMM'))"} "} >} Quantity) 

gives you 3 months from max(YearMonth) selected

best regards

Chris

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Try this You Date Field

Sum ({<DateField={'>=$(=num(monthstart(max(Datefield),-3)))<$(=num(Monthend(max(Datefield),-1)))'},YearField=>} Quantity)/3

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you have a date field in your data model then try like this

=Sum ({<DateDimensionName={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(DateDimensionName),-3))<$(=MonthEnd(Max(DateDimensionName),-1))'},YearDimensionName=, MonthDimensionName=>} Quantity)/3

Regards,

Jagan.