Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last n Months in Script

Hi,

I have a need to calculate the last 6 months (excluding the reported month) Sales for a given reported date in the sample provided.

For instance, Customer 20170 will have the following details once completed in the data model.

11/2017 - $343,913

10/2017 - $343,562

I have tried the concept with a IF...previous and RangeSum with Peek but I cannot do something similar to Above function in Script.

Appreciate your assistance.

6 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

You need As-Of Table, like this

Data:
LOAD Customer,
Amount,
WorkDays,
ReportedDate,MonthName(ReportedDate) as Month
FROM
SampleDataSet.xls
(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);
Temp:
LOAD DISTINCT Month
Resident Data;
Join
LOAD Month as AsOfMonth
Resident Temp;
[As-Of Table]:
Load Month,
AsOfMonth,
Round((AsOfMonth-Month)*12/365.2425) as MonthDiff
Resident Temp
Where AsOfMonth >= Month;
Drop Table
Temp;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌thanks for sharing the conept. the concept will work well I believe in visualisations using objects with set analysis. however what I am after is a method to build this to a fact table that could be used in some other calculations with other data in later steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

MAny thanks for demonstrating the concept. ‌‌this will work well in sheets with visualisation objects using set analysis. however what I am after is a method to build this to a fact table that could be used in some other calculations with other data in later steps. So I would need something that combines both tables to a single table for 6 month total based on prior month to selected month. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have managed to figure out a technique by the use of "Flags".

1. Associate a distinct set of Months with the base data load by left joining a new date field to the base load. 1000 rows of base load with 12 distinct months will become 12,000 rows. (New Field = CalcDate)

2. Use Flag to identify which rows are applicable for calculation. ie.

,IF(ReportedDate > Addmonths(CalcDate,-7) and ReportedDate < CalcDate,1,0) as Flag

Note the load to be in ReportedMonth DESC order.

3. Left Join Base Table with Aggrgated values for each Customer, reporting month where Flag = 1

kdr_Qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

HI  ..  good example

same way.. instead of  Month   i have  date field in my dimension.. so..

if i apply same script for date last  3 months sales excluding current month...  its not working(its splitting by date wise by default).. could u please suggest me how to do that..

My dimension - Date

Measure 1 -->  Sum(Sales)  each date wise

Measure(2)--> last 3 month sales --> here excluding  current month  so it will be common for all respected month

@Gysbert_Wassenaar  @hic  @tresesco   @Antoniotiman