Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Latest Plugin Version?

We are going to be upgrading soon to the 11.2 Qlikview Server and Desktop version. Can anyone tell me what the latest version of the Plugin is for viewing the reports online? I am not sure if there is one or what download this is on the site. I have downloaded the newest Server and Desktop version already. Any diresction on this would be much appreciated. thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stjepan_stanic
Contributor II
Contributor II

The QlikView Desktop installation program installs QlikView Desktop and QlikView Plug - in for Microsoft Internet Explorer by default. To install the Plug-in only, run the QlikView Desktop in stallation using the custom setup option and select QlikView OCX only. A separate in stal lation program for QlikView Plug - in for Microsoft Internet Explorer is included in the QlikView Server install.

A 64 - bit version of the QlikView Plug - In is included in the 64 - bit QlikView Desktop installation program. Follow the procedure above to install the 64 - bit Plug - in.  There is not a separate install program for the 64 - bit Plug - in.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

11.2 as well. The plugin is still installed with the Desktop version.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

is there an option when you go to install the desktop version where you just install the Plugin? not everyone here has a desktop version of Qlikview, most using Access Point and just have the plugin installed.

stjepan_stanic
Contributor II
Contributor II

The QlikView Desktop installation program installs QlikView Desktop and QlikView Plug - in for Microsoft Internet Explorer by default. To install the Plug-in only, run the QlikView Desktop in stallation using the custom setup option and select QlikView OCX only. A separate in stal lation program for QlikView Plug - in for Microsoft Internet Explorer is included in the QlikView Server install.

A 64 - bit version of the QlikView Plug - In is included in the 64 - bit QlikView Desktop installation program. Follow the procedure above to install the 64 - bit Plug - in.  There is not a separate install program for the 64 - bit Plug - in.

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't know about that.

What I do know is that the Plugin is always installed on the AccessPoint as an installable executable. See C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin.

If an AP document is available only through the plugin, and the AJAX-pages do not detect a plugin on the visiting machine, the browser user will be presented with an option to install the PlugIn from the AP.

However, there is one annoying issue: if there is an older PlugIn present, then the AP will not offer to upgrade. So you'll have to deinstall the older PlugIn first. But that can be arranged for by using Group Policies or some other push mechanism, I guess.

Hope this helps,

Peter