Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Leased Licence to pc not on domain

Hi

We have a demo machine that we use to for demos of our software and Qlikview. The demo machine though is not on the domain and they login with a local admin account on this pc. How do I set it up to get a leased license as we want to demo more than 3 models to clients at a time.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its a local administrator user on the pc, so I tried the ip address and the servername

example 192.168.40.103\administrator and demopc\administrator

with qvp for example qvp://192.168.40.103\administrator@192.168.40.77, when I enter the password I get the following error:

Connected to server OK. No reply received. Switching to HTTP tunneling

Connected to Server OK, Negotiations Timed out.

Is it maybe the trust relationship between the stand alone PC and the Domain of the Qlikview server?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think it should look like

qvp://administrator@192.168.40.103

And the server ports needed for the connection need to be open, of course.

edit: this states an admin user on the server, or how do you want to query the local user of your PC from a remote server?

Not applicable
Author

The Qlikview server is 77. 192.168.40.103 is the demopc. It is on the domain but when they do demos they use the local administrator account, not a domain user

I logged in and used my domain account on the demopc, leased a license, seems to be working fine, if this works and I test it it does not matter who logs in to the demopc, they should still have the license. Am I right?

Not applicable
Author

I opened 4 different models logged on as the local administrator but the leased license is under my domain account. Seems to work fine like this. We will just have to do re-lease before someone uses this demo pc. The demos are only a one day thing so it should leave them with more than enough time for the leased license.

Probably should have just tried this from the start. Think I overcomplicated it for myself.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. If there is anything else I am missing please let me know.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Glad that it works now.

Regards,

Stefan