Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamjiawen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Leasing Licensing From QlikView Server to Desktop

Hi guys,

I have a problem about the license leasing from qlikview server to activate qlikview desktop from personal to licensed.

The senario like below:

There're 5 Named User CALs on server.

I use the same NT\Account to log on 2 different machine to activate qlikview desktop it works.But in machine 3 I can't activate any more.

My problem are:

1.1 NT\Account is available to activate 2 machine is that means I can activate double count of licenses number of qlikview destop on different machines for example now I have 5 Named User CALs and I can activate 10 machines' qlikview desktop.

Best Regards.

Jia-wen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Nope, your case required 10 Named cal (if all are going to development entire application access.)

i.e 1 Named cal user can activate two different machine within 24 hrs only after that it will revoked from any of one machine.

Hope it's clear now. Thanks

Regards,

Deva

View solution in original post

4 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

You can activate but a single user can lease up to two licenses to two separate workstations within a 24 hour period. An attempt to lease a third license in a 24 hour period will be revoked if the same User ID is used.

for more details check this attachment. Thanks

Regards,

Deva

adamjiawen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Just make sure if I understand correctly.

Is that means if I got 5 Name User CALs I can activate 10 separate workstations NOT 5 workstations

and an attempt to lease a third license will impact on the one of the 2 workstations which already leased the license.

Thank you very much for your help.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Nope, your case required 10 Named cal (if all are going to development entire application access.)

i.e 1 Named cal user can activate two different machine within 24 hrs only after that it will revoked from any of one machine.

Hope it's clear now. Thanks

Regards,

Deva

adamjiawen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much