Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Left Align Vertical Axis Bar Chart Labels

Afternoon!

i have a bar chart, horizontally presented.

my labels that run up the x (?) axis - the labels than run up the left hand side! , i need them left aligned and i cant find where to set this. See below - I'd like Geography left aligned if possible?

Axis Labels.PNG.png

any ideas because i cant figure it out!

happy Friday people

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

I know this is an old post and you may have found out how to do this by now. But if you (or anyone else searching the forums) still want to know, I've found out that in the Axes tab, removing the tick for "Truncate Label" has the side effect of left aligning the labels.
untitled.PNG

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

Few days back, I also faced a similar difficulty. I wonder whether this can be done in Qlikview or not.

I guess this is probably not supported as such...

Please contact support for further help.

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for the reply - i agree, doesn't look like its possible.

Not applicable

May be if you want to show the entire names, Select the Chart and then press Ctrl+Shift and then arrange the plot area and the legend.
Although this might take in some efforts..

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yeah cheers, I've tried that one thanks. QlikView can be somewhat bemusing in that it can do some amazing things, yet some of the most simple things seem to have been omitted.

my chart looks rubbish with messy axis labels!

Not applicable

Click on the chart then press the CTRL and SHIFT keys. You should see red outlines which allow you to change the chart proportions

http://www.qlikcommunity.com/thread/104640

lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

I know this is an old post and you may have found out how to do this by now. But if you (or anyone else searching the forums) still want to know, I've found out that in the Axes tab, removing the tick for "Truncate Label" has the side effect of left aligning the labels.
untitled.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

much better this way, thanks for posting this!

Not applicable

Yes, thanks for this. Just had same issue. Can still use Limit Legend Characters on Presentation tab to truncate it, but unticking this lets you left align. Right align is OK if all labels are short, but looks messy if there are some very long ones.

JaWa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you very much! Simple, but works!