Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legend Position/Size?

I can't seem to change the bounding box for my charts' legends.  I can drag them around with ctrl+shift, and I get the red/black boxes which should denote size/position, but I can't get my legend to distribute across two or more columns.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i think its doable and i think you are on the right track. To make this work for me, drag the legend into an area above or below your chart and you will notice that the red boundary bars 'snap into' an area above or below the chart. make sure your legend is sized wide before you try. Then it should start to span left to right.  Look at these screenshotslegend1.pnglegend2.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan -

I have played with that for a while.  I can dock it to any side of the graph and give the legend way, way more room than it needs to generate more than one column, but still no luck.  Seems like this is comically difficult for such a simple design request .

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Outside of docking it, did you try expanding the width and decreasing the height forcing multiple columns?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I did - it just generated scrolling arrows for me.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hmm... sounds like you've tried a lot of things trying to get it working. Are you able to share the live QVW sample ?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately no - I ended up scrapping the entire thing in favor of a different solution.