Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legend text bold?

Is it possible to make legend text bold for some expressions? For each expression I have made the value at the top of each bar bold, but I do not see how to make the legend text bold.

This is how I accomplished it for the value text on top of the bar:

BoldText.jpg

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

in presentation tab click settings in legend

then font

then choose bold

Not applicable
Author

That makes everything bold. I only want to make one of my expressions bold and want the other to remain regular font.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Click right key of mouse in the Cell and choose "Format Cell".

Set bold in "Text"

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

User preferences > Design Mode > Enable - Always Show Design Menu Items

Then right click on the cell to select - Custom Format Cell

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

I am not trying to format cells, I am trying to format the legend in a bar graph. To make it more clear, here is a screen shot, you can see that the values on the top of the yellow bars or bold, but the text in the legend is not bold for the yellow item:BoldText2.jpg

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Jessica,

Now, I get what you are saying. Unfortunately, there is no setting to control individual items on legend. Formatting works on legend based on all or none principle.  If you are desperate to get it bold then you can get rid of legend and then have two textboxes. You need to disable Allow Move/Size option under layout tab. This way the textbox doesn't move but I really don't recommend this approach unless this is vital functionality.

Thanks,

DV

www.QlikShare.com