Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legends in charts

Hi,

I want to show the legends in the charts in a horizontally, not vertically (stacked).

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you click on the object whose legend you want you adjust and the press and hold <ctrl>-<shift> red boxes should form along the border of the chart and the legend...you can drag these however you'd like.  I think you could accomplish a horizontal legend thing way. If this doesn't work go to the General tab and press Reset User Sizing and Reset User Docking and try again.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

drag the red box at the top or at the bottom of the chart

Not applicable
Author

I think...

Dragging Red box top/bottom or any where using <Ctrl>+<Shift> it only move but we can't change presentation to horizontal.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

perhaps I don't understant the question but this ............

horizontal legend.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo,

I need something like the one in the above chart... the legends should come horizontally..

How did you achieve this?

Not applicable
Author

To achieve this you must press and hold <Ctrl>+<Shift> and click on the chart whose legend you want to change and then drag the legend box above the or below the chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Christian

I had noticed on the General tab the Reset User Sizing and Reset User Docking buttons and always wondered what they did.  Now I know, many thanks.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

That doesn't help yet. When I try to re-size using the <ctrl>+<shift>, the legends disappear when the border is small. They don't come in a line.

Not applicable
Author

Are you able to post a qvw with the exact chart you are referring to?  It might be easier to help you that way.