Less than and equal statements in qlikview

Hey Guys below is what I am trying to do:

='Expected Gas Connection ' &

if((4*max(Gas))<10,'G4/G6',

if((4*max(Gas))<16,'G10',

if((4*max(Gas))<25,'G16',

if((4*max(Gas))<40,'G25',

if((4*Max(Gas))<65,'G40',

if((4*Max(Gas))<100,'G65', ' G100 !?'))))))

I have a column in a table call "Gas". Please any help on how to write these statement properly in qlikview? Because I know this is not the right way to go about it.

Thanks,

Simon

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Your expression could work

What's the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This if statement is syntaxtically correct. I believe you are using this in a text box? Is your question more towards how to replace this nested if into a compact code? (Perhaps using pick and match?)

Not applicable
Author

Hey  Nakul,

Yes I will like to replace it with a compact code like you said with "Pick " and "Match". Because if I have 1,000 of those G's to display i don't want to write 1,000 "If" statements. I don't know how to go about it. Please help me out.

Thanks.Simon

|

|

Less than and equal statements in qlikview

reply from Nakul1001 in New to QlikView - View the full discussionThis if statement is syntaxtically correct. I believe you are using this in a text box? Is your question more towards how to replace this nested if into a compact code? (Perhaps using pick and match?)

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Qlik Community

| Start a new discussion in New to QlikView by email or at Qlik Community

Following Less than and equal statements in qlikview in these streams: Inbox

© 1993-2016 QlikTech International AB | Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA