Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licence problems with the Personal edition

Hi all,

I have been testing QlikView during this month, I have done some initial integration of databases but I can't open these files again due to licence problems. I annex you the message. I don't understand because I have create this files with my own computer and I have the

database in my computer.I can create new files but I can't access old ones. I have changed from Spanish language to English today but I have changed again to Spanish and I have the same problem

Licence.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

QlikView allocates a unique flag/number for every personal edition. And it flags all the QVWs you have created with that to identify or differentiate them from files created in another machine or by other user. Every time you recover a file created in another machine/user, QlikView assigns a new unique number/flag for you. So the files flagged with old number will be treated as the ones created in another machine or by other user. So, document recovery should be avoided.

Regards,

KKR

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I suggest you check the personal edition threads in forum. This is the very fundamental restriction of QlikView Desktop.

You can not open a document which is created in another computer (QlikView keeps track of it). You can open it for 3 or 4 times and then you get this error. You can do whatever you want in the documents only you created though.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Serhan,

That is the strange thing, this is a document that I have created in that computer. It should be a bug with the language change.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This would be a valuable info.

But when I tested that on 11.20 SR 12 I did not see any troubles. I believe this is not the case. Can you test on your version like that again (create a doc and change the interface etc)?

Maybe your qvw travelled back and forth between some computers although you created it? I don't know.

BR

Serhan

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi JavierRubio4U

Did you try to get the leasing license from server. You can able to access it for 30 days. Hope it will help you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi same version here.

Yes I can create new files, probably you are right and I have used this qvw at home and is giving me problems.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, No I can't access Licence Server, i have the personal one available after donwload.

Not applicable
Author

QlikView allocates a unique flag/number for every personal edition. And it flags all the QVWs you have created with that to identify or differentiate them from files created in another machine or by other user. Every time you recover a file created in another machine/user, QlikView assigns a new unique number/flag for you. So the files flagged with old number will be treated as the ones created in another machine or by other user. So, document recovery should be avoided.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

This is the problem I have opened several qvw from the community and doing that I have changed my licence and I only can open new ones but the old ones are inaccessibles.