Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

License Tab Problem

Hello,

I got the License of QMC after that i apply the License.

My problem is, PFA of QMC and QMC1

QMC showing Anthentication Tab. But, QMC1 not showing any Authentication tab.

Why this showing like difference. Can i know the difference, Please?

I hope this is Assumed Answer....

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
13 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Anil, the security tab is the one posted by Andrew

As he says, seems that QMC1 is a SBE, so it can't enable DMS and it can't have the Authorization tab.

QMC seems to be an Enterprise version with DMS enabled.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Andrew,

I am bit confusing b/w NTFS / SBE

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

NTFS vs. DMS

QlikView Server can use the NTFS privileges of the Windows file system to store authorization information. When in NTFS authorization mode, QlikView Server controls access to a given QlikView document by determining if the authenticated user has NTFS privileges to the underlying QlikView document file (.qvw). This is based on the operating system privileges and Windows NTFS is used for the ACL. The privileges of the authenticated user are configured by a server administrator using standard Windows Explorer functionality via directory properties options.

As an alternative to Windows NTFS, QlikView can use its own ACL, DMS. Unlike NTFS, this allows non-Windows users and groups to be authorized to access applications and data. DMS integrates fully with the existing Directory Service Provider (for example, Active Directory, other LDAP) where Group Membership has been recorded – this is a mechanism by which QlikView Server can re-use existing enterprise accounts and group structures. The permitted users or groups are recorded in a meta file that resides next to the QlikView document, and it is managed using QMC.

NTFS is the default document authorization model, suitable when all users and groups are identified in Active Directory or locally on the QlikView Server host. The NTFS permissions may be inherited from the directory that the QlikView documents are in, or may be assigned using QlikView Publisher distribution tasks.

HTH

Andy

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Andrew,

Good explanation. So i have one file which from Client. Unfortunately, the file is not access to me. So i need to access that file. Is there any restrictions for that.

PFE..

Error.PNG