Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License leasing issue

Hi all,

I encountered a curious problem about license leasing. Today morning, users open a server document using standalone qlikview on their machine. Then it worked well and qlikveiw showed "You are now leasing license from XX ". They could open document which others created.

In the afternon, they closed the qlikview and open another document which was also created by others, this time qlikview said "You're now using persional edition".

As far as i know, once leasing license from server, users can open others' documents in 30 days no matter what your network is connected or not.

I want to know why this happan and how to avoid it. 30 days is long enough for me.

forgive my poor english.

thanks in advance.

zhou

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached document may help you to resolve your issue.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This could happen if you use same id to lease licence in multiple machines.

Because named cal and licence lease will bind to machine ID.

try avoiding same user in different machines.

hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Ashfaq. My users used their own laptops and nerver shared to each other. Maybe this issue had something to do with the network. Because when i lease license in the office, everthing works fine. But when users came to hotel and connect the wifi of the hotel, the bad things happened.

Can somebody help me to solve this puzzle problem.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, I have read this document but i did't find some clue to explain this problem. Do you know hwo to kindly manage the license leasing? Because all my users have to lease license so that they can view others' qvw file.

Thank you very much!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Zhou,

As you said its working fine in office network and not in hotel's wifi network, I think its because when user login by using WIFI that time your server, its out of domain and you can not lease license out of the domain.

to cross check you can ping your QLikview server in wifi network.

-- Rajendra