Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

License or script error?

Hi all,

Is there a limit to the number of users that can view a personal edition .qvw?

I have given the new users access by adding them via the script as I usually would but these new users keep getting the Access Denied error. Would anyone know why this occurs?

Thanks.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

what excactly the error is?

avinashelite

how you have shared your file to the user ? have you deployed it server or your directly sharing the file?

If you have deployed it in server , check whether user have the folder access where you have placed the document and has access to it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Avinash, he is asking for personal edition......

Can you deploy Personal Edition on server?

avinashelite

Hi

balrajahlawat‌‌

what i felt is he developing the app in personal edition and have deployed it to server because as per him  he has  given access for the user and get the error as access denied ....if he had shared the file i.e qvw he would have got the document max attempt error but his info is not clear lets wait for his inputs

Anonymous
Not applicable

he did not say anything about deployment on server.

He is saying added user access via script..

NP, Let him come, what he is looking for

avinashelite

it would be better if he share his app with admin user credential

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have a qvw file shared in a network folder that the intended users have access to.

The error is "Access Denied". As mentioned, this only happens to one or two new users in the same script where other users can access the same file.  Very annoying. I was wondering is there a max cap on the amount of users that can access a file?

Moving to a server based solution in 2016.

Anonymous
Not applicable

May be it was becoz of Network access

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have access to Network folder??