Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License removal not preventing user access.

After trying a few times to remove a specific user, I have finally had his name removed from the CAL list.

As it turns out, this user still has access to the documents.

Furthermore, a single Document CAL has been issued to this same user, but he doesn't have access to said document.

I'm unsure as to what issue these symptoms shed light to, but this is clearly not expected behavior.

I have not tried resetting the server for this purpose but I will try it if I find no other alternatives.

Thank you, in advance, for any input you may offer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is strange...do you have dynamic CAL allocation enabled in QMC? this is the only explanation i have.

Also not that it will help you with your issue, you might try User manager tool - it has ability to revoke CALs using API

Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is strange...do you have dynamic CAL allocation enabled in QMC? this is the only explanation i have.

Also not that it will help you with your issue, you might try User manager tool - it has ability to revoke CALs using API

Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView

Not applicable
Author

I had understood that Dynamic CAL Allocation was another thing. You were indeed correct sir, I kept removing the licenses but they kept getting them back because of this option.