Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit apps available for Mobiles & Mobiles authentication

Hi

I have been searching for a solution on the community and
the internet but have had no luck. We are starting to develop our first mobile
app.

I want to be able to setup users IPhones with a URL that
will only show mobile apps and not all of our normal apps.

Is there a way so that when the IPhone App is used the
phones own VPN will also automatically be activated and use the username & password from QV

At the moment our first mobile app is in its own “Mobile”
category on access point

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

BR Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you do not create separate specific mobile apps.  Doing so put you in a situation that will require additional administration and also not allow users access to the full app from their mobile device if the want it.

I would recommend you create a single app and have some tabs that are for mobile and other tabs that are for non-mobile.  You can then use a document extension to automatically identify if they are using a mobile browser or not and take the user to the mobile tabs.  The Insurance Demo is a great example of this.

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com.  The required extension can also be downloaded from the demo site by clicking on "More Resources"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you do not create separate specific mobile apps.  Doing so put you in a situation that will require additional administration and also not allow users access to the full app from their mobile device if the want it.

I would recommend you create a single app and have some tabs that are for mobile and other tabs that are for non-mobile.  You can then use a document extension to automatically identify if they are using a mobile browser or not and take the user to the mobile tabs.  The Insurance Demo is a great example of this.

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com.  The required extension can also be downloaded from the demo site by clicking on "More Resources"