Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit by two dimentions in an expression

Hi,

New to QV so I hope I worded this question correctly -

I want to limit sales by month. (I have a fat calendar table that holds all possible days, weeks, quarters, months, years for the period)

This works:

=sum({$<month_no_id = {$(#=Only(month_no_id ))},day=,calendar_date=, week_no_id=,week_no=>} sale_cost_value)

Each sale can have a different no of sales charges, and I need to limit by one of the charges within the month

This works to limit the sales type

- sum({<sales_cost_id={ '4'}>}  [sales_cost_value]))

But something like this doesn't

sum({$<month_no_id = {$(#=Only(month_no_id ))},day=,calendar_date=, week_no_id=,week_no=>} sum({<sales_cost_id={ '4'}>}  [sales_cost_value]))

Is there any way I can combine both restrictions in an expression or is there another way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Stefan,

SOmething like:

sum({$<month_no_id = {$(#=Only(month_no_id ))},day=,calendar_date=, week_no_id=,week_no=,sales_cost_id={ '4'}>} [sales_cost_value])

should do the trick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Stefan,

SOmething like:

sum({$<month_no_id = {$(#=Only(month_no_id ))},day=,calendar_date=, week_no_id=,week_no=,sales_cost_id={ '4'}>} [sales_cost_value])

should do the trick

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much Adam, that issue killed my morning! Very much appreciated.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Stefan,

Not a problem at all, and don't worry, Set Analysis kills most of my time at the moment!

Kind regards

Adam