Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limited user access to our accesspoint

Hi all

I need to upload aQV report to our company accesspoint, but I need these reports only to be visible for some limited users. Can anybody help/tell me how you do that?

Best regards

Bjarne

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Assumin you use NTFS to control the authorization the document should only show up on accesspoint if the users have access to it in windows. Set the correct users under Document > Properties > Security in Windows.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I guess you are right, but I have no clue where to look and find this..

Set the correct users under Document > Properties > Security in Windows.

best regards

Bjarne

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bjarne,

Johannes means right clicking on your QVW file, Properties, Security tab. All users allowed in the filesystem, will be allowed to see the document in the AccessPoint, and viceversa, those who are not or are denied, will not see the document in the AccessPoint list.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I think that helped. But this is what I see. And I think we have a lot of groups (big definitons of users) so it is not possbile to make this report limited? (either choose group or nothing??) Or should I choose each user instead of these groups?

QV - User.jpg

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

This is certainly a hot issue in every QlikView deployment I've been involved: who should take care of users and access? My answer is that in most cases, IT. But what if IT takes a long time and complex processes to get all that done? Meaning that you should require, as it seems, different QlikView users and groups in your Active Directory. And IT because any other non IT user is unlikely to have permission to add, modify and delete users.

So anyway I'd create as many AD groups as needed that meet your needs in regards to QlikView permissions, then add users to those groups and use those groups to the files.

There are alternatives. The worst, using DMS with a Custom Directory: QlikView handles users and groups, you can add and remove users and memberships and set and modify passwords. The closer to AD: using section access in each field with the list in the form of DOMAIN\USERNAME of those users granted, or using DMS authorization and manually set granted users in the Documents tab.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel