Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavansonu99
Creator
Creator

Limiting 1000 rows in straight table.

Hi guys,

i have requirement like this

i have a dashboard which contains list box with countries and a stright table that should reflect details of countries

each countries have different number of rows . if we click on each country the details of the country should be displayed on straight table.

i have countries liike this

country      polulation

india          700000

japan         50000

kanya        90000

canada     40000

newyork    5000

if i click on any country i want to display first 1000 rows of each country

i have 14 dimensions and 11 expression in that 11 dimensions are hidden.

with dimension limits its not working

i have used this expression in all 11 expression definitions ---  if(rowno(total)<=1000,dimension) 

hear i am getting 1000 rows but for country india i has 700000 records  "Object out of Memory" error is displaying

can some help how to solve this , is there any expression that i can write in calculated dimension to get 1000 rows or  come out f this error.

22 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Can you just add rowno as an expression (but hide it) and then use that in your dimension limit?

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Have you tried this>

sccc.JPG

pavansonu99
Creator
Creator
Author

there you cant set 1000 .

even you set 1000 it will display only 100 rows

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

yo its its max 100. oopss

pavansonu99
Creator
Creator
Author

no need to add expression what o said 1000 rows are working with mentioned expression but for country india i am getting "Object out of Memory"

i am asking any expression that i can write in calculated dimension or any idea to come out f this error.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

It'll be the if statement basically, qlik and if statements aren't a great mix with large numbers of rows.

Having a play and seeing what I can come up with

pavansonu99
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adam, is there any other method to solve this.

pavansonu99
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Guys ,

Please help me how to solve the error "Out of Object memory"

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok this may or may not work....

New expression called check  if(rowno(total)<=1000,1)

On the presentation tab you can set this to hidden.

Then for your expressions use:

if(check,expression)

I *think* this will reduce the overhead you're getting from using the if statement on every row but I don't know how Qlik calculates that well, you'd need one of the heavy hitters on here to go into more detail probably