Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting Access to Dashboards in Access Point

Hello,

I'm a total newbie to Qlick view.  I think this has been asked before, but looking at the other posts,there does not seem to be a definitve answer.  Basically I want to hide the dashboards in Access Point that users do not have access to.  At the moment when a user goes to the Access Point page they can see all dashboards, if they then click on a report they don't have access to they receive the message they cannot access it.  However, I want to hide it from the start so they cannot see it at all.  Windows has something similiar for folders - Access-based enumeration.

We are using NTFS permissions.  I tested by going to where the actual dashboard\file is stored on the server, went to the properties of file, added the user in and gave him all denies.  This worked and the user was unable to view the dashboard in the Access Point.  This method however seems quite long winded and would result in lots of groups etc having to be created in Active Directory.

So my question is - is there an easy way to hide those that users do not have access to?  We are using Qlikview 11 SR2. 

Regards,

Michael

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's no easy way afaik. You can place the documents in a subfolder and set the ntfs permission on the folder. By using groups and subfolders you don't need to set permissions for individual users on individual documents. But you can only hide documents in the access point by setting the ntfs permissions.

I suppose you could create webpages yourself with the urls to the documents in the access point. You could create a page per group that contains only the urls for the documents the group is allowed to access.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Have you tried DMS authentication where Qlikview controls authentication? Add only the users who you want to view the dashboard to the authorization list for the document,

Hope this helps.